Jennifer Toomy is the Head Tennis Professional at Folkes/Stevens Indoor Tennis Center at ODU where she oversees the tennis program. Well known for her player development and her success with USTA teams, Jen is the Coordinator for the Hampton Roads Junior Tennis Team and sits on the Virginia USTA Committee.
A much accomplished professional tennis instructor, Jen played Division I at the University of New Mexico where she was All-Conference. Upon graduation, she played overseas and began her coaching career soon after.
She was instrumental in the development of the tennis program at the award winning Boars Head Sports Club in Charlottesville, VA where she stayed for 15 years. Beginning with one USTA team and 50 juniors, Jen grew the program to the point where she coached 11 USTA teams and over 250 juniors in her fial year at the BHSC. She also helped create the BHSC Adult Tennis Academy. She was on the Women’s Professional Tennis Committee and as the Official Liaison for the Boyd Tinsley USTA Women’s Championship for six years.
Watching the focus on someone’s face explode into a smile after a well hit ball is the greatest reward any tennis professional can ask for.
Jen moved to The Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club in Florida where she also created and developed USTA teams, coached and played in the USTA National Championships, and developed adults and junior programs.
Jen has coached and played on USTA teams that reached the USTA National Championships. She has an excellent reputation for technical instruction as well as competitive player development of juniors and adults. She is well known in the communities in which she teaches, reaching out and creating programs for the local kids. She teaches people how to play and how to win, but also is known for making tennis welcoming and fun for first time players.
Assistant Tennis Professional
Anna Maskaljun is a Tennis Assistant Professional at Folkes/Stevens Tennis Center at ODU. Anna is originally from Tallinn, Estonia. She has been playing tennis since she was 7 years old. Anna played various tennis tournaments around the world; she is also a veteran of ITF’s Junior European Championships. She won several Junior European tournaments both in singles and doubles.
After graduating from high school, Anna received athletic scholarship from University of Nevada Las Vegas. While being fulltime NCAA student-athlete, Anna played Division I at UNLV where she was awarded ALL –Mountain West Conference in doubles. Also, she was ranked No.43 in US in doubles. Upon graduation, she moved to Norfolk, Virginia.
While pursuing her master’s degree in Sports Management at OLD Dominion University, Anna was an intern at Folkes/Stevens Tennis Center where she helped the Tennis Head Professional, Jen with Junior programs and tournament training. Anna graduated from ODU with Honors in December 2013 to pursue her career in Sports Management.
- Academic All-Mountain West Conference Team Honoree – 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Mountain West Conference Scholar-Athlete Award – 2008, 2009, 2010
- Mountain West Conference Championships – 2008, 2009, 2010
- Named ALL-MWC in doubles – 2010
Alfredo Rodriguez Marquez
Assistant Tennis Professional
Tennis helped me to meet many people from all over the world.
- Played Junior Tennis Tournaments in Venezuela
- Was #2 Nationally Ranked U14 and U16 in Venezuela
- Played Junior Davis Cup for Venezuela U14, U16
- Finished #2 in South America (Junior Davis Cup U14)
- Finished #15 in the World Junior Tennis Final (Junior Davis Cup U14)
- Finished #3 in South America (Junior Davis Cup U16)
- Played Junior ITF, COSAT, COTECC, ETA, and USTA Tournaments
- Played Tournaments such as Orange Bowl, Eddie Herr and Les Petits As
- Ranked #334 ITF
- Played ATP Tournaments
- Full Time Student at Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academic (2006-2009)
- Practice Matches Against Professionals Tennis Players: Bernard Tomic, Maria Sharapova, Nicole Vaidisova, Michelle Larcher Brito, Nadia Petrova, Jelena Jankovic, Sloane Stephens, and Sabine lisicki.
- Old Dominion University Men’s Tennis (Fall 2009-Spring 2013)
- Reached Semi-finals of the CAA Conference Tournament in 2010, 2012