Jennifer Toomy is the Head Tennis Professional at Folkes/Stevens Indoor Tennis Center at ODU where she oversees the tennis program. Well known for her player development and her success with USTA teams, Jen is the Coordinator for the Hampton Roads Junior Tennis Team and sits on the Virginia USTA Committee.
A much accomplished professional tennis instructor, Jen played Division I at the University of New Mexico where she was All-Conference. Upon graduation, she played overseas and began her coaching career soon after.
She was instrumental in the development of the tennis program at the award winning Boars Head Sports Club in Charlottesville, VA where she stayed for 15 years. Beginning with one USTA team and 50 juniors, Jen grew the program to the point where she coached 11 USTA teams and over 250 juniors in her fial year at the BHSC. She also helped create the BHSC Adult Tennis Academy. She was on the Women’s Professional Tennis Committee and as the Official Liaison for the Boyd Tinsley USTA Women’s Championship for six years.
Watching the focus on someone’s face explode into a smile after a well hit ball is the greatest reward any tennis professional can ask for.
Jen moved to The Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club in Florida where she also created and developed USTA teams, coached and played in the USTA National Championships, and developed adults and junior programs.
Jen has coached and played on USTA teams that reached the USTA National Championships. She has an excellent reputation for technical instruction as well as competitive player development of juniors and adults. She is well known in the communities in which she teaches, reaching out and creating programs for the local kids. She teaches people how to play and how to win, but also is known for making tennis welcoming and fun for first time players.
Christian Romanzini is originally from Curitiba, Brazil and was born August 19th of 1988.
- Played Division 1 college tennis reaching the semi-finals of the MEAC conference tournament in 2011.
- Played against players from high ranked Division 1 tennis colleges such as University of Virginia, Virginia Tech, Penn, VCU and etc.
- Experienced the professional tennis tour (ATP).
- Played the tennis nationals for SCCC in 2009 reaching the semi-finals.
- Junior high ranked tennis player in Brazil.
- Worked as tennis coach with a reputed New Zealand junior Davis cup coach who is the tennis director of Camp Lenox.
- Outstanding job Assisting in instruction and training of all kinds of groups from quick start, junior development, High School/Middle School groups to older ages groups.