Junior Team Tennis (JTT) is the largest junior tennis league in the United States. JTT is a program offered by the United States Tennis Association (USTA) which offers children the opportunity to develop their individual and team tennis skills in a fun, yet competitive atmosphere.
Coed teams made up of at least three boys and three girls. Each team match will consist of one girls’ and one boys’ singles, one girls’ and one boys’ doubles, and one mixed doubles match. Scoring will be short sets consisting of four games, and two of three sets. A winning team is determined by the total number of games won per each individual match.
- Coed teams and playing mixed doubles
- Advance to district, section and national playoffs
- National software to track stats and standings
- Equipment discount offers
Winter League 2014 – January 10th-March 2nd
Age levels offered for the Hampton Roads area
- 18 and under Intermediate & Advanced (matches played on Sundays 1-4PM)
- 14 and under Intermediate & Advanced (matches played on Sundays 3-6PM)
- 12 and under Intermediate & Advanced (matches played on Fridays 5:30-7:30PM)
- 10 and under Intermediate & Advanced (matches played on Fridays 5:30-7:30PM)
Matches will be played
January 10th -March 2nd, 2014
- December 10th - Deadline for list of teams participating
- January 3rd - Schedule will be finalized
- January 8th - Captains meeting on phone with details and league rules
$100 per player (not including a $20 USTA membership, which is required to participate)
Folkes-Stevens Tennis Center, Old Dominion University (Norfolk).
Resources and Updates
Contact: Jennifer Toomy, Head Tennis Professional, Folkes-Stevens Tennis Center, 757 683 5312 or firstname.lastname@example.org